I love noodle soup- it is always so comforting and yet substantial if made with the correct ingredients.
I made mine using Yutaka Edamame Soybean Noodles. These are high in protein and gluten free.
- 2 Chicken fillets (thinly sliced)
- 2 chopped Spring onions
- Mixed vegetables – I bought Sainsburys stir fry vegetables that had mangetout, baby corn, tenderstem broccoli, pak choi, lemon grass and a red chilli (If you cannot a pre-packed packet one buy the ingredients separately.
- 1 tablespoon Tangy Yakisoba
- 1 tablespoon Soy sauce
- 1 Vegetable Stock Cube
- 1/2 teaspoon
- Szechuan peppercorns
- Thinly sliced Ginger (About 2 cm cube)
- Sesame seeds
- Half packet (100g) of Edamame soybean noodles
- 1 teaspoon BART coriander paste
- Heat 1 tablespoon of rapeseed or sesame seed oil in pan. I did not have sesame seed oil so I heated rapeseed oil and added a teaspoon of sesame seeds to it.
- Add chicken and tangy Yakisoba and salt and let this cook
- Take the chicken out the pan, leaving the juices in. This will stop the chicken from overcooking while you cook the vegetables
- Add 3/4 of the spring onions, Szechuan peppercorns, 1/2 the ginger, lemon grass and 1/2 the red chilli, coriander paste and let this cook for about 5 minutes ensuring it does not burn
- Add the stock, the rest of the vegetables and the soy sauce and let this cook for a couple of minutes
- Add in the chicken and then put in about 1 litre of boiling water.
- Simmer the dish for about 15 minutes to get all the juices integrated
- The Edamame noodles cook within 7 minutes so whilst the soup is simmering, cook the noodles. Once cooked, add into the soup.
- In a separate pan, heat some oil and add 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, rest of the chilli, spring onions and ginger. Once it sizzles switch it off. This is for garnishing.
- Put the soup in a bowl and sprinkle with the garnishes.
Hope you enjoyed reading the recipe and are able to try it out.
If yo have any questions let me know.