These romantic easy Raspberry Cream Puff Hearts are great for Valentine’s Day. Indulge in the sweetness of love with these delightful Raspberry Cream Puff Hearts. A simple yet elegant treat that combines the tanginess of raspberries, the sweetness of whipped cream, and the flakiness of the ready to roll puff pastry. The dreamy trio. Perfect for celebrating Valentine’s Day or any special occasion including an Afternoon Tea treat.
Cream Puff Hearts
- Ready to roll puff pastry I used half of one packet and got 4 hearts
- Whipped cream
- Milk for basting
- Icing sugar
- Roll and Shape: Roll out the puff pastry and cut it into heart shapes. For a romantic touch, aim for four hearts.
- Chill and Baste: Chill the pastry and baste with milk before baking, following the instructions on the packet (typically 15 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius).
- Slice and Fill: Once cooled, carefully slice each heart in half to create a sandwich.
- Layer with Goodness: On one half, pipe a generous amount of whipped cream, layer with fresh raspberries, and add a dollop of whipped cream on top of each raspberry.
- Seal the Deal: Place the other half of the pastry on top, creating a heavenly cream-filled raspberry heart.
- Sprinkle with Love: Sprinkle icing sugar over the assembled hearts for that added sweetness and pretty aesthetics. Your Raspberry Cream Puff Hearts are ready to steal the show.
- Strawberry Variation: Switch it up by using strawberries; slice them in half for added height in your delightful heart sandwich.
- Whipping Cream: Make your whipped cream by adding icing sugar and vanilla essence to double or whipping cream. Whip until thick, being cautious not to over-whip. If you are in a hurry a squirty cream like President Squirty Spary Cream will work.
- Texture Matters: Piping and chilling whipped cream slightly alter the consistency, so avoid over-whipping for the perfect, luscious filling. Piping gives a nicer effect – I used a star nozzle.
- These do taste best once made, when the cream is chilled and pastry crisp. You can put them in the fridge for a maximum of 2 days but they won’t have that crunch.
These Raspberry Cream Puff Hearts are not only a breeze to make but also a delightful treat for your loved ones. The balance of tart raspberries, sweet whipped cream, and crunchy pastry creates a symphony of flavours that will leave everyone wanting more. Whether it’s for Valentine’s Day or any day you want to express your love through deliciousness, these heart-shaped pastries are sure to make hearts skip a beat. Enjoy the magic of homemade romance.
Looking for the perfect drink to go with this dessert – here is a show stopping cute marshmallow hot chocolate.