Creme Eggs are nice but can be sickly. Don’t get me wrong, I could easily eat one however these cheesecake and mango filled eggs are even more scrumptious.
The Mango puree is refreshing, the white chocolate cheesecake just melts in your mouth and paired with a crushed ginger biscuits and some dark chocolate they go down a treat.
You can swap the mango puree for passion fruit or even lemon if you like more tang.
I can across this cheesecake recipe on the Carnation website and made some tweaks. Making a cheesecake with no cream is my idea of heaven.
I made my own dark chocolate eggs using some silicone moulds however you can use some hollow chocolate eggs. You just need to roughly cut the tops off to make them look cracked. If they are not joined, warm a plate then place each half on the plate just till they start to melt then stick them together.
White Chocolate Cheesecake
- White chocolate, broken into pieces 75g
- Condensed Milk 150g
- Full fat soft cheese 200g
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Stir occasionally until melted. Set aside.
- In a bowl beat the soft cream cheese and condensed milk together. It will be a runny mixture.
- Add in the lemon juice and melted chocolate and beat until combine. You will notice this will thicken up now.
- Set in the fridge
- 1 cup mango purée (I used KTC one)
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 2 tablespoons water
Mix the cornflour and water together. Add this to a pan along with the mango purée and let this simmer and thicken. Stir it all the time with a whisk to ensure it doesn’t go lumpy. Set aside to cool.
Serving /Gifting Ideas
- Fill 3/4 the hollow eggs with cheesecake mixture. I used a piping bag. Then top with the mango purée and finally a bit more cheesecake. Decorate them with a bit of edible gold leaf. Chill and enjoy as a dessert in egg cups
- You can make the above then place them in an egg box which will make a perfect surprise gift.
- Serve as a fancy dessert with crushed ginger nut biscuits and some mango purée and piped cheesecake on the side
- Make a traditional no bake cheesecake. For the base, in a pan melt 25g butter then add in 80g crushed ginger nut biscuits or lotus biscuits. Once combined spread in a spring form pan (20cm). Let this set in the fridge. Add in half the mango purée to the cheesecake and just stir a couple of times to give swirl effect. Add this to the spring form pan. Set for at least 3 hours. When ready to serve carefully open the spring form pan. Serve with mango purée.
- I went with mini cheesecakes that I made in silicone moulds. Put some cheesecake filling into the moulds, then some mango purée, followed by more cheesecake filling. Then place in freezer to harden. Shape the ginger biscuit base for the cheesecake moulds to sit in and let them chill. Once the cheesecake is hard gently pop them out the mould and place on the biscuit base before topping with a drop of mango purée and some gold leaf. Served immediately because they do start to melt especially in the heat.
Hope you get to make these delicious sweet homemade creme eggs…
If you want more Easter recipes, click on here for my other recipes.