These irresistible Granola Cookies are a perfect blend of nutty goodness.
If you’re a fan of granola or flapjacks but want something on the healthy side and more on the go, look no further! This delightful recipe for granola cookies will satisfy your sweet tooth while providing a boost of energy. Packed with chunky peanut butter, chia seeds, dried fruits, these cookies are a wholesome snack to keep you going throughout the day. They are my go to breakfasts at the moment especially when I commute on the train to work.
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tbsp demerara sugar (optional)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1/4 cup mixed seeds
- 1/3 cup mixed dried fruit
- 1 cup rolled oats
- Preheat your oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with parchment paper to avoid sticking.
- In a bowl, combine the chunky peanut butter and maple syrup. The creamy richness of peanut butter and the natural sweetness of maple syrup make the perfect base for our granola cookies
- Now, it’s time to introduce the rest of our scrumptious ingredients! Add in all the remaining ingredients and mix well until they are evenly incorporated. You will have a chunky dough.
- Scoop out about 1/4 cup of dough and flatten to form thick cookies, roughly 1-1.5 cm thick. Don’t worry about achieving perfectly round shapes; the rustic look adds to the charm! I used an ice cream scoop
- The first time I made into my hand then flattened them before placing them on the lined baking tray. This works but it messy. What works better if you scoop the dough straight onto the lined baking tray and flatten them. The do not expand when baking so you do not need to leave a lot of space between them.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-17 minutes or until the cookies turn a delightful light brown.
- Once the cookies are baked to perfection, remove them from the oven and allow them to cool. As they cool down, the cookies will harden and will not fall apart.
These are healthy yet delicious granola cookies. You can add in nuts if you prefer a smooth nut butter, change ingredients based on what you like and enjoy they great breakfast on the go cookies. Happy baking and indulging in these chewy, nutty, and yummy delights!
Here are 3 other easy breakfast ideas you can try out too.