Want that crunchy yet juicy chicken, you need to try out this recipe. It went down a treat at home. The seasoning is versatile so you can spice it up, make it more smoked or even more herby.
I used chicken fillets as well as aubergine slices with this crumb and both times it worked out perfect. I also tried a baked and shallow fried option which were equally as nice. This recipe is easy and very flexible depending on what you want with that crispy parmesan crumb.
Ingredients for crumb coating
- Panko crumbs or bread crumbs (100g)
- Grated Parmesan (50g)
- Seasoning: fresh thyme, paprika, garlic powder, salt & pepper. There is no measurement for this. It is just a matter of adding how much you want and how deep you want the flavour. The seasoning can also be changed.
- 2 beaten eggs
- Chicken/Turkey breast
- Aubergine for vegetarian version
- Oil for shallow frying
- Mix together panko crumbs, Parmesan, fresh thyme, salt, pepper, paprika and garlic powder.
- Pound the chicken or Turkey fillets with a meat tenderiser so they are thin (about 0.5 – 1cm thick).
- Dip the chicken in the bread crumb mixture, then the egg mixture and back in the bread crumb mixture.
- Heat a pan with oil on low- medium heat.
- Shallow fry for about 5 mins on each side for that crisp juicy chicken strips
- Garnish with more parmesan and thyme
Method for baked aubergine slices
- Coat the aubergine the same way
- Lightly oil a baking sheet/foil
- Place the coated aubergine slices on there
- Bake for 15 mins at 180c, spray some oil on top then turn them around and back for another 15 minutes
- Depending on the thickness you may need to cook for longer. Remember to check the heat is not too high and the crumb coating is not burning.
If you have any queries drop me a message via the contact page or through my social media channels.