PISTACHIO, CARDAMOM AND ROSE FINANCIERS
The combination of rose and pistachio is always a winner for me and works really well when creating desserts and sweet treats. I have added cardamom to my recipe too because it adds a lovely warm aroma. I was inspired by Baking Queen 74 to make some financiers. There were delicious.
- 120 g butter
- 100 g pistachio kernels
- 120 g icing sugar
- 50 g ground almonds
- 50 g plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- 4 egg whites lightly beaten
- 1.5 tsp rosewater
- 1 tsp freshly ground cardamom ( I ground my own from cardamom pods using a pestle and mortar)
- Honey (approx 2 tablespoons), rose petals and chopped pistachios to decorate
- Blitz the pistachio until it is finely ground in a food processor.
- Heat butter in a pan (ideally stainless steel) on a low/medium heat until it has totally melted and starts to turn a bit brown.
- Mix the ground pistachios, ground almonds, icing sugar, flour and salt in a large bowl. I always sieve my ingredients.
- Add the egg whites, rose water and ground cardamom and fold the ingredients.
- Add the melted butter a bit at a time, mixing well each time, to ensure it is combined well.
- Spoon the mixture into cupcake moulds. I used some silicone ones I had. Depending on the size of your moulds this makes about 10.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes at 180 degrees in a preheated oven.
- Cool for a few minutes in the tin, then remove from the tin and cool fully on a rack. Do not worry if they crack (like mine). The toppings will disguise it.
- Warm the honey just so its easy to apply. Brush the honey onto the financiers and then coat with chopped pistachio and rose petals.
These financiers are great as gifts but equally as nice to enjoy at home.
Hope you are able to make them. Let me know how you get on.
Until next time its bye from me…